Aggravated assault leads to 13 ...
On 07-20-2017 at 03:04 AM Officers ...
TYLER, November 19, 2013— UPDATE: The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire in a residence at 1122 Shaw St. The initial call was received at 9:52 a.m., with the caller indicating that the house was on fire.
The first arriving units noted a working structure fire and called for a second alarm. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to the scene.
Firefighters quickly initiated a search of the residence to look for occupants. It was determined that all occupants had self-evacuated and the fire was quickly brought under control.
Investigators with the Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office believe that the fire originated in a bedroom closet. The point of origin appears to be located near a light fixture.
No injuries were reported and the American Red Cross was notified to assist the occupants.
The Tyler Fire Department reminds citizens to ensure they have properly installed and operable smoke alarms throughout their homes. Having working smoke alarms installed inside of your home greatly reduces your risk of death from a fire. For more information regarding fire safety, or to obtain information about the Tyler Fire Department’s annual Smoke Alarm Installation program, contact the Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office at 903-535-0007.
© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.