#

Personalize www.YourEastTEXAS.com

Unattended candles cause N. Border residential structure fire

TYLER, October 9, 2013— The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a single alarm structure fire this morning at 2616 N. Border. 

The call was received at 11:13 a.m., with six units responding to the call.  Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to the room of origin, minimizing the level of damage to the structure.  The fire was brought under control at 11:27 a.m.

Investigators with the Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office have determined that the fire originated in one of the bedrooms and involved the unattended use of candles. Moderate smoke damage was reported throughout the structure, with minimal fire damage contained in the bedroom. 

There were no injuries reported.

© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.