Personalize www.YourEastTEXAS.com

Tyler now accepting applications for City boards and commissions

TYLER, July 6, 2013— The City of Tyler is currently accepting applications from Tyler citizens to serve on City boards and commissions. The deadline to apply is Aug. 16 and appointments will be made by the City Council at their Aug. 28 meeting.

To serve on a board or commission, applicants must reside inside Tyler City limits and should not have any delinquent City taxes, City utilities or other City assessments.  In addition, they must not have any pending claims against the City. There may be additional requirements for some board positions.

“This is a perfect way for citizens to plug in and get involved in shaping our community,” said Tyler Mayor Barbara Bass.  “The City’s boards and commissions play a vital role in making recommendations to City Council.”

Citizens who are appointed to serve on a City of Tyler board or commission will serve voluntarily, without pay, for a two-year term. The boards and commissions include:

Regular Boards (Boards that meet monthly or bi-monthly)

Airport Advisory Board

Historical Preservation Board

Keep Tyler Beautiful Board

Library Board

Neighborhood Revitalization Board

One-Half Cent Sales Tax Board

Parks Board

Planning and Zoning Commission

North East Texas Public Health District Board

Traffic Safety Board

Board of Adjustment (Zoning)

Periodic Boards (Boards that meet only as needed)

Civil Service Commission

Construction Board of Adjustments

Disabilities Issue Review Board

Health Facilities Development Corp.

Industrial Development Corp.

“Boards and Commissions fulfill an important role in City government by evaluating issues which affect our community and making recommendations to the Council for needed action,” said City Manager Mark McDaniel. “It is important that we get vacancies on the boards filled.”

Citizens interested in serving can download an application online at www.cityoftyler.org. Applications can also be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, 212 N. Bonner Ave, or you can call the City Clerk at 903-531-1106 and have an application faxed or mailed to you.

© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.