#

Personalize www.YourEastTEXAS.com

Tyler Firefighters respond to structure fire at On the Border

TYLER, October 16, 2013-- The Tyler Fire Department responded yesterday to a fire at On the Border restaurant at 4301 S. Broadway. 

The initial call was received around 10:00 a.m.  Arriving units reported smoke conditions upon arrival and a second alarm was called.  Eight fire department units were dispatched to the incident.

Initial reports indicated that the fire originated in the kitchen area, near the vent hood. 

After investigation, it was determined the fire started due to a faulty relay switch that operated the exhaust fan over the grill. Because the exhaust fan did not operate, excessive heat was able to build up inside the duct work causing the fire.  

The fire was contained inside duct work and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before any structural damage was sustained. Due to firefighting activities, the presence of smoke in the building, and the extinguishing system over the grill being discharged, the Health Department was notified.

© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.