Aggravated assault leads to 13 ...
On 07-20-2017 at 03:04 AM Officers ...
TYLER, August 22, 2013-- The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at the Wood Trail Apartments at 1909 Shiloh Road, on Wednesday.
The initial call was received at 6:49 p.m. A neighbor smelled smoke and, upon further investigation, noticed flames coming from an upstairs balcony and quickly alerted the occupants throughout the building. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke and flames coming from the second story balcony. The fire had already spread to the adjacent balcony and in to the attic area of the building. Firefighters worked quickly to contain the fire before it spread any further and ensured that all occupants were safely outside of the building.
Fire investigators believe the fire started near a container being used as an ashtray on an upstairs balcony. Fire patterns indicate that the fire had smoldered for some time prior to actual smoke and flames being noticed by the neighbor. Four apartment units suffered smoke and/or heat damage.
Displaced occupants were relocated to other vacant units by the apartment management. No injuries were reported.
© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.