#

Personalize www.YourEastTEXAS.com

Tyler Fire Department responds to structure fire on Old Henderson

TYLER, March 25, 2014— The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at approximately 6:45 this morning, at Sam’s Furniture Outlet located at 2318 Old Henderson.  Three Engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator responded to the scene.

Firefighters arriving on scene extinguished the fire quickly resulting in minimal damage to the structure.

Investigators from the Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire started in a plastic trash can where rags soaked in linseed oil used to treat furniture were discarded.  The damage was limited to a nearby refrigerator and cabinet. 

No injuries were reported.

 

© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.