Boil water notice on Lamar ...
The City of Palestine is issuing ...
TYLER, May 19, 2014--The Tyler Fire Department responded to a two-alarm structure fire Friday afternoon at 323 Chimney Rock. The initial call was received at 2:49 p.m., and the caller reported seeing fire in the wall.
First arriving units saw smoke when arriving on scene and called for a second alarm. Tyler Fire Department gained control of the fire at 3:51 p.m. Seven engines, one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the scene.
Maintenance personnel for the complex were performing plumbing work when the fire in a wall was discovered. Apartment personnel attempted to put the fire out until Tyler Fire Department firefighters arrived.
Three out of four apartments in the building were occupied, but no one was home at the time of the fire. All three families will be displaced until repairs are made. The four apartments in the building were damaged with smoke, heat and fire.
This fire was determined to have been accidental.
© 2018 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.