#

Personalize www.YourEastTEXAS.com

TFD Responds to Structure Fire at 2318 Old Henderson

TYLER, March 26, 2014––The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at approximately 6:45 a.m. Tuesday morning at Sam’s Furniture Outlet located at 2318 Old Henderson.  Three Engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the scene.

Arriving firefighters extinguished the fire quickly resulting in minimal damage to the structure, according to Brandon Davis, Asst. Fire Marshall.

Investigators from the Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire started in a plastic trash can where rags soaked in linseed oil used to treat furniture were discarded.  The damage was limited to a nearby refrigerator and cabinet.  No injuries were reported at the time of the incident.

© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.