Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Wall ...
Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Wall of ...
TYLER, March 21, 2013--The Tyler Fire Department responded to the scene of a two-alarm structure fire yesterday afternoon at the Hollyview Apartments at 7101 Waljim St. The initial call was received just after 2:00 p.m. Five Engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke in the building and upgraded to a second alarm. The fire was contained to one apartment unit and actual flame damage was contained to the bathroom area. The occupants of the apartment unit were displaced. The fire was quickly brought under control.
Investigators believe the fire originated in a bathroom as a result of a candle being left unattended. One civilian suffered possible smoke inhalation. EMS was notified and the civilian was treated at the scene.
© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.