Aggravated assault leads to 13 ...
On 07-20-2017 at 03:04 AM Officers ...
HENDERSON CO., July 29, 2013--A 12 year-old girl is facing arson charges after being taken into custody in connection with a mobile home fire which occurred last week.
The fire occurred on July 24, at approximately 2:00 p.m., at a mobile home in Crescent Heights, off of Hwy 31, in Henderson County.
According to Henderson County Fire Marshall Shane Renberg, there were five people at home at the time of the fire, including an infant. All occupants were able to exit safely and were uninjured. Several firefighters did sustain minor injuries at they attempted to combat the blaze. Marshall Renberg says the situation could have been a lot worse, and credits the work of firefighters who were on the scene. “The Fire Department just did an outstanding job containing the fire to that one trailer,” he said.
After investigating the blaze, the Fire Marshall’s office has charged the juvenile with Arson of a Habitation. The injuries involved would increase the degree of the charge, if the original charge is pursued. However, Fire Marshall Renberg says it will ultimately be up to the County Attorney’s office whether to pursue the original charge, or file a lesser charge in the case.
The juvenile female was taken into custody on July 24, and taken to the Juvenile Detention Center in Palestine.
KYYK’s Gary Richards spoke with Fire Marshall Renberg about the case. Click below for more.
© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.