City of Palestine announces Thanksgiving closing schedule
PALESTINE, NOVEMBER 20, 2017 -- The City of Palestine has announced the Thanksgiving holiday schedule for city facilities.
The following city offices and facilities will close Thursday, Nov. 23 and will resume normal business hours on Monday, Nov. 27:
- City Hall, which includes Customer Service, Municipal Court, Finance, Development Services, Public Works, Utilities, City Manager’s Office, Police Administration, Fire Administration, City Secretary, Human Resources, Streets, Emergency Management Office and Warehouse Services.
- Palestine Economic Development and Main Street Offices
- Palestine Community Services Offices
- Palestine Civic Center Offices
- Palestine Public Library will close Thursday, Nov. 23, Friday, Nov. 24 and Saturday, Nov. 25. All library materials (books, CDs, and DVDs) can be returned 24/7 in the book drop located on the curb outside of the Mall’s main entrance.
The following city offices and facilities will be open:
- The Palestine Mall Concourse and Mall shops will remain open on Friday, Nov. 24 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The mall will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23 and Saturday, Nov. 25. The mall is closed on Sundays.
- The Palestine Visitor Center will be open on Friday, Nov. 24. It will close on Thursday, Nov. 23.
- The Palestine Civic Center Parking Lot will be open for the Jungle Safari event to Sunday, Nov. 26.
The following is scheduled from Public Works:
- City garbage/recycling services will not run on Thanksgiving, but those scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 23, will be picked up on Friday, Nov. 24. Those scheduled for Friday will be picked up on Saturday, Nov. 25.
- The compost site on Spring Street will be closed on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- To report after-hours and holiday water/sewer/road issues that require immediate attention, please contact City Hall at 903-729-2254, and press “0” for immediate assistance.
Residents are asked to dial 911 for emergency issues.