City of Palestine announces New Year's closing schedule
PALESTINE, December 27, 2016--The City of Palestine has announced the New Year’s holiday schedule for city facilities.
The following city offices and facilities will close Monday, January 2, 2017, and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2017:
- City Hall, which includes Customer Service, Municipal Court, Finance, Development Services, Public Works, Utilities, City Manager’s Office, Police Administration, City Secretary, Human Resources, Streets, Emergency Management Office and Warehouse Services.
- Palestine Economic Development and Main Street Offices
- Palestine Parks and Recreation Offices
- Palestine Civic Center Offices
- Palestine Public Library will close on Saturday, December 31, and Monday, January 2, 2017. All library materials (books, CDs, and DVDs) can be returned 24/7 in the book drop located on the curb outside of the Mall’s main entrance.
- Palestine Visitor Center will be closed on Saturday, December 31.
The following city offices and facilities will be open:
- The Palestine Mall Concourse and Mall shops will remain open on Saturday, December 31 and Monday, January 2, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following is scheduled from Public Works:
- City garbage/recycling services will run as scheduled
- The compost site on Spring Street will be closed on Saturday, December 31
- To report after-hours and holiday water/sewer/road issues that require immediate attention, please contact City Hall at 903-729-2254.
Residents are asked to dial 911 for emergency issues.