City of Palestine announces Christmas closing schedule
PALESTINE, DECEMBER 20, 2017 -- The City of Palestine has announced the Christmas holiday schedule for city facilities.
The following city offices and facilities will close at noon Thursday, Dec. 21 and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, Dec. 26:
- City Hall, which includes Customer Service, Municipal Court, Finance, Development Services, Public Works, Utilities, City Manager’s Office, Police Administration, Fire Administration, City Secretary, Human Resources, Streets, Emergency Management Office and Warehouse Services.
- Palestine Economic Development and Main Street Offices
- Palestine Community Services Offices
- Palestine Public Library will close on Thursday, Dec. 21 through Tuesday, Dec. 26. All library materials (books, CDs, and DVDs) can be returned 24/7 in the book drop located on the curb outside of the Mall’s main entrance.
The following city offices and facilities will be open:
- The Palestine Mall Concourse and Mall shops will remain open on Friday, Dec. 22 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The mall will be closed on Saturday, Dec 23 and Monday, Dec. 25. The mall is closed on Sundays.
- The Palestine Visitor Center will be open on Saturday, Dec. 23. It will close on Monday, Dec. 25.
- The Palestine Civic Center will be open on Saturday, Dec. 23 and close on Monday, Dec. 25.
The following is scheduled from Public Works:
- City garbage/recycling services will not run on Christmas Day, but those scheduled for Monday, will be picked up on Tuesday, Dec. 26. Those scheduled for Tuesday will be picked up on Wednesday, Dec. 27.
- The compost site on Spring Street will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 23 and Monday, Dec. 25.
- To report after-hours and holiday water/sewer/road issues that require immediate attention, please contact City Hall at 903-729-2254, and press “0” for immediate assistance.
Residents are asked to dial 911 for emergency issues.