#

Personalize www.YourEastTEXAS.com

Accidental death occurs at City Hall

TYLER, April 22, 2013--On Sunday, the Tyler Police Department responded to a call at Tyler City Hall. Upon investigating, officers found that a man had passed away after being overcome by fumes emitted from a stain being applied during a renovation project.

The worker was employed by Watson Commercial Paint Company, a subcontractor to RPR Construction. RPR had been hired to renovate a portion of the second floor of City Hall.

Police conducted a thorough investigation of the incident. In addition, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) also completed their own investigation.

“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of the deceased,” said City Manager Mark McDaniel. “This is a very tragic situation and we are truly saddened.”

© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.