Municipal Court Judge Alex Nemer ...
On Tuesday, Dec. 12, Municipal Court ...
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:33:56 +0000
(KIEV, Ukraine) -- Personnel from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe won't risk a Sunday trip to the site of the Malaysia Airlines flight that was shot down earlier this month.
Alexander Hug, Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine says that reports of fighting in the area caused the change of plans. "The security situation at the moment on the way to the site we planned to go today -- and on the site itself -- appears to be not safe," Hug said.
The team is expected to reassess the situation on Monday and deploy personnel then, if the situation is safer. "We will not risk our unarmed civilian observer mission to deploy to a site where we can't control the risk to a degree where we are confident we have it at the level where it is acceptable."
Follow @ABCNewsRadio Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
© 2017 Tomlinson-Leis Communications L.P.